01 July 2008

Warm Beer.

Everybody seems to bag the Poms about warm beer. Yet in Germany I have drunk more warm lager (Pils) that I would want to. Seems that it’s very cheap. 90 Cents (Euro) or $1.50 for a ½ litre bottle. It’s available everywhere even the local servo’s.

The local residents cane be seen clutching a warm beer at about 8:00am. Yes AM.
I have seen a couple of women on the S bahn (train) with a beer in hand going to work.

The local pub had now become the local telephone connection box outside the nearest place that sells beer. Be this a shop, servo or what ever. They go get a beer, drink that and go get another.

I was offered a beer at 9:00am this morning. Given that I’d got 300k’s to drive that afternoon I declined.

So please next time you bag the Poms about warm beer consider that Germany is worse!
It your of German extraction go find a nice cold Pils and wait for it top warm up and try it. It’s bloody disgusting.

No comments: