02 July 2008

Auf Wiedersehen

Well there is a great deal yet to say about Berlin. That's the subject of the blog tomorrow.
But for tonight/today at least it is time to say Auf Wiedersehen to Berlin.

I have visited The Commonwealth Was Cemetry, very emotional visit for me. I'll explain tomorrow while in the airport for 4 hours.

Check Point Charlie, again a very moveing experience.

Treptow park for the Soviet War memorial. Very impressive sight.

In all three cases I saw them 24 years ago, in a very different light from today. I'm humbled and aweinspired at the same time. Words will not convey what I feel about these places I've seen and the people (read relatives) I've met.

Yesterdays's mini epic adventure took us within a stones throw the the Chech Republic, if I'd know this I'd have driven there at 6:30AM instead of walking down the road.

We have been to Wiessenfel and Hopfgarten (Note not the one found on Goggle, I'll post a lat long tomorrow for those interested.

Yes Berlin had found a strong connection in me, not entirely sure why, but must have something to do with coming of age etc when I was 18.

For now it's time to go say Auf Wiedersehen to the Rellies, have a couple of beers with them and get up at O'dark 30 to get to the bloody airport.

One thing I won't miss, if the annoucnement on the metro of "Links"; meaning the platform is on your left. (I've got eyes I can bloody well see that) Besides which the right side won't open anyway, so how the hell am I going to fall out!!!!!!

And the last thing I won't miss, bloody German...... the language is obnoxious, thou I'm sure the germans don't think so. I keep wanting to answer in Danish or Swedish. Seems I know more of those languages than any other (other than English or Bullshit, which one I'm better at I'll leave you to decide, except that Bea thinks it's the latter)

I'll do some more tomorrow on the way to Honker's at the same time I'll do some pictures.

No comments: